Admission to the MBA Programme
Eligibility & Qualification
Eligibility - The admission to the MBA programme at AIMT Greater NOIDA is exclusively open for the dependant wards of serving/ retired Army personnel. The dependant children of following category of Army personnel are eligible:
- Serving or retired Army personnel in receipt of regular pension or SS officers who have served Army for 10 years (Submit Certificate No 1).
- Army personnel killed in action or those who died during their service or disabled in action in Army (Submit Certificate No 2). AMC / ADC officers presently serving with Navy or Air Force who have served Army for more than 10 years and who are members of AOBF. (Submit Certificate No 3)
- MNS Officers who have served Army for a minimum 10 years as regular MNS; APS personnel who are on deputation and have put in more than 10 years of service in Army or who have been directly recruited / commissioned in APS and have retired after completing their minimum service qualifying for pension; TA personnel who have completed 10 years of embodied service. (Submit Certificate No 4)
- Adopted wards of Army personnel provided they have been adopted at least five years before admission (Submit Certificate No 5)
- Dependant sons / daughters of widows of Army personnel who were born of their mother’s first marriage and their mother has later re-married a civilian. (Submit Certificate No 6).
- Step children of Army personnel who were born out of the wedlock where at least one parent belonged to Army (Submit Certificate No 7)
Note: For the purpose of their admission to the MBA programme the sons / daughters of serving/ retired Army personnel are considered dependant till their marriage or employment which ever is earlier.
Age: On 01 July 2017 the candidate should be below 35 years of age. i.e. candidates born on or after 02 July 1981 are eligible.
Educational Qualification. The candidate must have scored minimum 50% aggregate marks in:
- Any Bachelor's Degree of minimum 3 years recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), OR
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technology or any qualification recognized as equivalent thereto, OR
- Passed the final examination of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India or England, the Institute of Cost and works Accountants of India or England or the Institute of company Secretaries of India.
Candidates Who Have Appeared in Qualifying Examination. Candidates appearing in the qualifying exam (Graduation Final Year) are also eligible to apply. However, their admission will be provisional subject to production of proof of having acquired the minimum prescribed qualification at the time of admission. Students are required to furnish proof of having attained minimum qualification laid down by 15th July 2017, failing which their admission may be cancelled. Affidavitas per appendix 3 of GGSIPU brochure is required to be submitted by all students who do not submit proof of having acquired the minimum prescribed qualification. Compartment/ Supplementary cases will be governed by GGSIPU rules.
Physical Fitness. The candidate should be certified by MH / RMO / Registered Medical Practitioner as physically and mentally fit to pursue the course. A certificate to this effect is required to be submitted by the candidate when the candidate joins the institute.
Ensuring Eligibility. Ensuring that a candidate fulfills all conditions qualifications for eligibility in the programmes of their choice is the responsibility of the candidate. The eligibility of the candidates will be verified by the AIMT at the time of admission as also later during the scrutiny of papers by the university. If a candidate is found to be ineligible at any stage during the entire process, the college reserves the right to cancel his/her candidature.
Written Test and Selection Process. All candidates are required to appear in any one of the following entrance tests:
- Common Admission Test (CAT) conducted by Indian Institutes of Management (IIM) on 4th Dec 2016.
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT) conducted by All India Management Association on 4th Dec 2016 for Paper Based Test and 10th Dec 2016 for Computer Based Test onwards.
- Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) conducted by All India Council for Technical Education in 28-29 January 2017.
- Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) conducted by Xavier School of Management on 8th Jan 2017 Those desirous of seeking admission to AIMT, Greater NOIDA are required to obtain both bulletin with application form and the Information Brochure/Prospectus of the Institute. These are required to be submitted before the scheduled cut off dates.
Shortlisting of Candidates for Group Discussion and Personal Interview. Result of CAT/MAT/CMAT/XAT will be communicated by the students to the Institute from 30th Jan 2017 onwards through E-mail/ Post. Based on the marks of CAT/MAT/CMAT/XAT, candidates will be short listed for Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) at AIMT, Greater NOIDA. The list of short-listed candidates will be available before 02th Mar 2017. Short-listed candidates for GD & PI will be informed by post and the list also dsplayed on the AIMT website i.e. www.aimt.ac.in. The GD & PI will be scheduled between 11th to 12th March 2017.
TA/ DA. The candidates will travel and stay under their own arrangements when called for GD & PI. No boarding or travel expenses will be paid to the candidates.
Final Merit List. The Final Merit List will be declared by 13th May 2017. The same will also be available at the office of Registrar AIMT and on the institute website. Final Merit List will be prepared on the basis of the CAT/MAT/CMAT/XAT scores, and GD & PI as per u/m weightage-
- CAT/MAT/CMAT/XAT Score - 50%
- GD & PI - 50%
Relative Merit in Case of Equal Marks. In case of candidates scoring equal marks in the final merit, the preference will be decided as per the following criteria: -
- Aggregate Marks of 10+2 Exam. If these are also the same, then,
- Date of Birth. Preference will be given to the younger candidate.
Postal Delays/ Losses. Candidates who are selected and those on the reserve list will be intimated by post. The institute does not take the responsibility for any postal delays/loss. Candidate are requested to regularly check the website www.aimt.ac.in for results or announcements.
Special Weightage. The wards of the Gallantry Award Winners will be given weight age in admissions as under: -
|Gallantry Awards||Weight age|
|Param Vir Chakra||5 %|
|Ashok Chakra.||5 %|
|Mahavir Chakra.||4 %|
|Kirti Chakra.||4 %|
|Vir Chakra.||3 %|
|Shaurya Chakra.||3 %|
|Sena Medal (Gallantry only).||1 %|
|Distinguished Service in War/Conflict/ Hostilities|
|Sarvottam Yudh Seva Medal||3 %|
|Uttam Yudh Seva Medal.||2 %|
|Yudh Seva Medal.||1 %|
|Mention in Dispatches||1 %|
|War Widows||5 %|
Proof of Gallantry Award. A certified photocopy of the Part II Order/Gazette notification conferring the award/Copy of Certificate, should be attached with the application for claiming the weightage prescribed for gallantry awards(Fill Certificate No. 1). For Sena Medal (Gallantry) a certificate has to be obtained from MS-X that the Sena Medal awarded to the parent is for acts of gallantry.
Certificate for War Widows. Certificate No 1, alongwith photocopy of Part II order will be submitted by the candidates whose parent was killed in action( Battle Casualty Only) while in service.
Provisional Admission. All admissions made by AIMT are provisional. An admission will be considered final only when the eligibility criteria and the admission of the candidate to the course is confirmed by the university.
University Rules and Regulation. The rules and regulations of Guru Govind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi shall apply.